Connect your Support Email Address
A significant portion of your communication with your customers is most likely done via email. Email is so huge it has about 4 billion users worldwide. Gorgias recognizes that and has a first-class integration with major email providers such as Gmail and Outlook. This article will show you how to integrate your support email address so that your customers' emails arrive in Gorgias.
If you are using Gmail please follow these instructions:
- Go to: Settings → Integrations → Email.
- Click on "Connect Google email account".
- You will receive a prompt to choose your account and enter your login credentials:
- After at you just need to allow Gorgias permission to your Gmail account:
- After this you will be redirected to Gorgias and your Gmail address will be integrated.
However, if you're using G Suite or a Gmail Alias you will want to take a look at this guide here as well.
Office365 / Outlook integration
You can connect your Office365 account to Gorgias to import emails from all the users and shared mailboxes on that account. Please just keep in mind that you need to have the Microsoft Admin permissions in order to proceed.
- Go in Settings → Integrations → Email, click on "Add email address" and on "Connect Office365 email account"
- Give all of the permissions requested
- Once you are redirected back to Gorgias please activate the email addresses you want to integrate
- Congrats! You will now receive your emails in Gorgias.
If it all goes smoothly, you did a great job!
Integrating a shared inbox
If you are trying to integrate your Outlook email that is also a shared inbox, you would need to do some necessary steps prior to the integration.
Our integrations need to be secured with a password for them to be able to be integrated into Gorgias and Shared inboxes, when created, by default don't have a password. What you would need to do is set up a password to your shared inbox and once that is completed, the integration process should be good to go.
For you to set up a password, you would need to go to:
admin.microsoft.com > Users > Active Users > select the Shared Mailbox > Reset password.
After this, you can log in with the username/password. Of course, if you access it via portal.office.com you won't see Outlook but if you go directly to outlook.office365.com you will get access to the mailbox.
Once this has been done, you can go ahead and integrate your Outlook email address as you normally would do.
Not using Gmail or Outlook?
No problem, you just have to set up what we call email forwarding. Just as the name suggests, it forwards all of the emails from your current mailbox (for example firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Gorgias inbox creating a copy of that email. When you respond to that email in Gorgias it is then sent using our email servers to your customer.
Check out this article on how to set up email forwarding for your account.