Gorgias Help Center Tracking
If you were ever wondering how you can track your Gorgias help center searches, here's a neat workaround! In the meantime, we are working on our native tracking within the helpdesk UI.
How it works
You can track your help center searches by using a tracking tool such as Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager in order to add a script or a pixel to your help center. Any tracking tools following the same principle will work as well!
Also, please make sure that you follow GDPR even on your Gorgias help center if you’re targeting European shoppers!
Here's how to add a tracking pixel/script to the Gorgias help center. You will first want to get your script/pixel ready!
Google Analytics Universal analytics
- If you are using Google Universal Analytics (your ID should look like this: UA-XXXXXXXXX-X) then you need to go to the Admin (bottom left of your window once you are in Google Analytics) → Tracking Info → Tracking Code.
- You will find a code snipet that should look like the one below. Please copy it, you will need it in a bit!
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-XXXXXXXXX-X"></script>
window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || ;
gtag('js', new Date());
Google Analytics 4
- If you are using Google Analytics 4 (your ID should look like this: G-XXXXXXXXXX), then you need to go to Admin (bottom left of your window once you are in Google Analytics) → Data Streams → click on the webstream already existing or create a new one.
- Click on 'Add new on-page tag' then on 'Global site tag (gtag.js)' and copy-paste the code available, you will need it later.
Google Tag Manager
- Go to Admin → Install Google Tag Manager and copy what’s in the part called 'Paste this code as high in the <head> of the page as possible'.
- The code should look something like this:
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s),
Any other tracking tool
It is pretty much the same procedure as the one for Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager. You will want to get your script or pixel ready. It should look like something like this:
Track your help center
Please go to your Gorgias helpdesk and follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings → Help Center (under 'General').
- Click on the help center that you would like to track and then go to the 'Customization' tab.
- Under the section 'Extra HTML', activate the toggle and paste your code into the code editor. It should looks something like this:
- Click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the page.
Congratulations! Your help center tracking is now up and running. 💪 In a few minutes your tracking should be running on your Gorgias help center.
If you want to learn more about the customization of your help center, please refer to this guide here. If you liked this article and would like us to improve this feature in the Help Center, you vote for it!