SEO - Prevent your Help Center from being indexed
How it works
In some cases, you might want to block your help center to be indexed from the search engines:
- Internal use only
- Make a private help center
- Content for a certain type of customers
- Other reasons
Thanks to our customization feature called “Extra HTML” you can add a “meta” in order to avoid the content of your help center being indexed.
Please follow these instructions
- Open your help center, go to “Customization”:
- Go to the section “Extra HTML” and switch the toggle from “OFF” to “ON”. A free code section should be visible.
- Add the following code in the section and save it.
// Put this as the very first line of Extra HTML content:
<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />
It should look like this:
That is the final step. Your help center should be blocked from being indexed. Remember to not share or publish a URL from it, as it change only block your help center to be indexed, not to be browsed.
For more information about this solution, you can read the Google Documentation.