Since Instagram is highly used, we made sure that you can assist your customers when they are communicating with you through comments.
How it works
The Instagram channel lets you connect your Instagram account to your Gorgias dashboard and makes it possible for you to receive and reply to comments left on your Instagram posts, ads and guides.
Instagram account is added through your Facebook integration. Go to Settings > Integrations > Facebook, Messenger & Instagram > click on the relevant Facebook page and check "Enable Instagram comments".
When a customer posts on your Instagram page we will create a ticket on Gorgias. From here you can handle all conversations just like you would with tickets from other channels, like chat or email. You can also apply macros, tag your tickets, assign them to a specific agent, just like any other ticket.
- Comments from Reels and IGTV are currently not supported.
- We can only pull in top-level comments for all types of Instagram posts. This means that, should a comment have a reply to it (a comment to a comment) we won't be able to fetch that reply.
- For now, if a comment is deleted via Instagram directly, the same ticket in Gorgias will not be updated by this action as well.
- If you hide instagram comments, bear in mind that it'll still be visible to the person that posted it even if you hide it, but not to any other Instagram users.
- Note Please note that if there's the word 'hate' inside the Instagram comments, sadly, Instagram doesn't send any webhooks to Gorgias, so that specific comment will not be pulled to Gorgias as a ticket.
- Liking an Instagram comment using Gorgias isn't an option just yet. However, you can like Facebook comments!