Attentive integration update
Attentive will be releasing a mandatory update to their Gorgias integration. This article contains everything you need to know to ensure you are prepared for this change.
What is the update?
The update will change the way Attentive tickets are created in Gorgias. At the moment when a new ticket is created by Attentive, this is sent via the API channel. From Wednesday 15th September at 4pm ET (US Eastern time) these will now be created via the email channel.
When is this happening?
The update will be released on Wednesday 15th September 2021 at 4pm ET (US Eastern time) to all Attentive x Gorgias users automatically.
How will this impact our Gorgias account?
Many Gorgias users use a combination of rules, views and ticket assignment to manage Attentive tickets. This update will impact any rules, views and/or ticket assignment settings that use the
channel filter. This will also impact how Attentive tickets are filtered in statistics.
What do I need to do to prepare?
You should check any rules, views or ticket assignment settings that use this filter. This can be done ahead of time.
Follow these steps to ensure you're account is ready for the update:
- Check your ticket assignment settings
- Navigate to Settings > Ticket assignment
- If you do not have either Auto assign tickets or Unassign un reply enabled you can skip to step 2. If either of these are enabled please continue.
- Check your Channels. If your channels include both api and email or do not include either you can skip this step. If they contain only one of these continue.
- If you use api only, please note that ticket assignment settings will no longer work for Attentive tickets (other integrations will not be effected).
If you use email only, please note that the ticket assignment settings will now apply to Attentive tickets.
- Check your rules
- Navigate to Settings > Rules
- Check rules that include any the following filters:
- Rules that don't include any of these can be ignored.
- For rules that use the api filter, please note that this will no longer apply to Attentive tickets (other integrations will not be effected).
For rules that use the email filter, please note that this will now apply to Attentive tickets (other integrations will not be effected).
- Check your views
- Navigate to Tickets
- Check any views that contain any of the following filters:
- Views that don't include any of these can be ignored.
- For views that use the
is one of
apifilter, please note that Attentive tickets will no longer appear in these views (other integrations will not be effected).
For views that use the
is one of
Here is an example of this change:
Is this update optional?
No, this is mandatory. The update will be released for users automatically, you cannot opt out of this update. The changes will take effect from Wednesday 15th September at 4pm ET (US Eastern time).
Will this impact tickets created before the update?
No. This update will only impact tickets that include messages sent or received after the update.
I need help! Where do I go?
For assistance making the above changes in your Gorgias account please reach out to our support team via chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help with your Attentive account please reach out to the Attentive support team directly.