Troubleshooting issues with your Facebook integration
- Facebook comments and/or Messenger tickets are not coming into Gorgias
- Messenger tickets are not coming in
- Error Message received when you are sending your response through Messenger or Comments
- Facebook pages are missing when you click on the "Login with Facebook" button
- Error message received when you try to merge two Facebook comment tickets by the same customer
Here you will find solutions for the most common issues reported for Facebook integration.
Facebook comments and/or Messenger tickets are not coming into Gorgias- go to your list of Facebook integrations in Settings > Integrations > Facebook
- click on "Reconnect"Note that this is always the first troubleshooting step when you notice any issues with sending/receiving tickets from Facebook integration.
Messenger tickets are not coming inFacebook has recently added a setting that you may need to adjust in order to receive messenger messages in Gorgias. Please follow the steps below and then send a test message (through your Facebook page) to ensure that you are all set.
From Facebook account:
- go in your page's settings and select Messenger platform
- in the "App Settings" section, click on "Configure"- Check to see if you have some apps with the role set as "Primary receiver", and if there is, remove the role (click on the role itself once again and it will unselect it)
- Check to see if Gorgias has the role "Secondary receiver", and if it does, remove the role (same method)
Error Message received when you are sending your response through Messenger or CommentsPlease first always check the step 1 above when this issue happens. If after hitting "Reconnect" option you are still receiving an error message, most likely your page has been blocked, by Facebook, from sending messages to customers. It's also possible that the comment you are trying to reply to was deleted. Please try and go inside your page's inbox in Facebook, and try to reply to customers from there. This can happen if you sent too many messages to customers recently, or if too many of those customers blocked your page / identified you as spammy.
Facebook pages are missing when you click on the "Login with Facebook" buttonIf your desired pages are not showing up when you try to connect them to Gorgias and you are logged into the correct Facebook account, please try the following:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools&ref=settings
- Find the Gorgias app on the list and click on it; a modal should open
- Make sure all the check-boxes are checked there; if not, check the missing ones
- Press Save
Once this is done, please try to add your Facebook pages again.
Error message received when you try to merge two Facebook comment tickets by the same customerThe Facebook comment tickets are currently not mergeable - this is due to the fact that each comment is associated with a certain post on your Facebook page and most of the time the comments are left on different posts. You will still be able to find both tickets under the customer's ticket history.