We're happy to present to you our brand new Twitter integration! 🐦 Twitter is a microblogging and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as tweets.
You can now receive and respond to tweets from within the Gorgias helpdesk. Here's a list of ticket types that are currently supported with this integration:
- Direct replies to your account’s Tweets
- Quote tweets of your account’s Tweets
- Tweets mentioning your account
Here's how to set up your Twitter integration with Gorgias:
- Please navigate over to your Settings → Integrations, and then find the Twitter integration on the list:
- Once you click on the Twitter integration tile, a new page will open up where you can log in with the Twitter account that you want to integrate:
- On the next page you will be asked to log in to your Twitter account in order to give access to Gorgias:
- Once logged in, you will find the account integrated with Gorgias as shown below:
- Once you enter the integration, you will be presented with a choice where you can decide which types of tweets you would like to start pulling into Gorgias:
Once done, simply click 'Save Changes' and you'll be all set!
While you can reply to tweets, tweet mentions and quote tweets, there are still some limitations with this integration that are currently in place. Of course, many of these are being worked on as we speak and we expect to have them ready for you in the near future!
- Replying to an earlier tweet in the message thread is not possible just yet.
- Displaying the number of responses, retweets and likes in tickets isn't available yet.
- Twitter account details won't be visible in the customer sidebar on tickets.
- Agents won't be able to able to reply to tweets via direct messages.
- Agents won't be able to reply to tweets using their connected Twitter accounts just yet, only using the official brand Twitter account that's integrated with Gorgias.
- If a private account reaches out to you, it won't create a ticket in Gorgias for now. We can only pull in tickets from public accounts at the moment.
If you have any follow-up questions about this integration, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team anytime via live chat or email at email@example.com.