How to merge tickets?
Ever had a customer open up two tickets about the same issue? You can now merge those into a single ticket and make your life easier :)
- Go in one of the tickets you want to merge
- On the top-right corner, click on the menu button (three vertical dots) to open the menu
- Select "merge ticket"
- Search for the ticket you want to merge this ticket with, and then click on it
- Select the fields you want to keep on the final ticket
- the only fields you could be prompted to choose from are "Subject", "Assignee" and "Customer"
- we will only prompt you to choose if the fields are different on each ticket; if they are similar, we will automatically keep the same value
- if there is no field to choose from, it means we will be able to compute all values automatically, thus you can go ahead and merge the tickets
- Click on "Merge tickets", and confirm the merge
- Done! The tickets are merged! :)
Once the tickets are merged, the change cannot be undone. Also, the statistics for the tickets that are merged into the final ticket will be lost, because these tickets are deleted.