Snoozing pending tickets
What does "snoozed" ticket mean?
Besides open and closed, tickets can be snoozed as well.This feature is used when you are expecting a response from any other subject, department etc. and that prevents you from providing full information to your customer. Another example would be if you need to follow up with your customer and verify if the issue reported has been resolved on his end. Sometimes you want to make sure that a customer has their issue resolved and perform a follow-up in case they don't reply first. However, it's hard to remember which of the closed tickets you should do it with - and you also don't want to keep those tickets open cluttering your queue.
This is why we implemented snooze for tickets.
How it works
Snoozing a ticket will close it and then re-open it if:
- The snooze time interval expires or
- The customer replies before the snooze interval.
How to use it
To snooze a ticket, you need to:
- Click on three vertical dots on the right side next to the subject of the ticket.
- Now click on snooze.
- There you can select the predefined time frame (3 hours, 6 hours etc.) or input any desired date from the calendar.
- Once snoozed, the ticket status will be set to closed.This will remove the ticket from your opened view so that you can focus your attention elsewhere until the time frame has ended. When you click "Apply" you will automatically be on the next ticket.