What are views?
Views are lists of tickets, filtered to meet the requirements of customer service.
By default, Gorgias includes 4 views:
- Open tickets: all the tickets that are open, meaning that need your attention
- My tickets: tickets that are opened & assigned to you.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: open tickets from your support email address only
- Closed tickets: tickets that are closed. They don't need any further action from you.
Creating a new view
As you use Gorgias, you'll probably want to create your own views.
A view displays all the tickets that match certain filters. Filters can be a tag, a status, an integration, an assignee, a customer or a channel.
There are two main view sections - Shared and Private views.
Here's how to create a Shared view:
- In the blue navigation column, next to Shared views, click on the plus sign
- Click Create view
- Click Add filter
- Typically, add 2 filters: STATUS is not CLOSED and TAGS contain A-CERTAIN-TAG
- Click Create view
You're all set! Please note that the view is now visible to all users. If you want to share it with specific users/teams, you can edit its sharing options.
If you wish to learn more about view sections and how to create them, please take a look at our article here. This feature is now available on the mobile app too!
How to update a view
Select a view in the navigation bar, click on the arrow next to the view name. Apply all the modifications you need and click on Update view.
Change view visibility settings
Views have different visbility settings:
- Public Views are shared to all agents
- Shared Views are shared to specific agents or teams
- Private Views are only accessible to a single agent
To change the visibility settings of a view, follow the steps below:
- Click on the name of the view
- On the top right of your screen, click on button "Sharing"
- Switch the view to public (shared with everyone), shared (shared with specific teams/users) or private (belongs to only one user)Please note that a Private view cannot be duplicated.
You can simply reorganize the list of views by drag & dropping them. A slight blue line will appear to display the target location of where the item will be dropped.
- Lead agents and admins can drag & drop shared, private views to re-order them. Changes in the order of views are visible to all.
- Private views cannot be dragged into the Share view area, and vice versa.
- Agents can drag & drop private views to re-order them.
More information about views best practices is available here.
Ordering tickets by Date Created
If you would like to sort your tickets by date created, here is how you can create a custom view.
- Go into the view you want to sort out (in our example, this is our Open Tickets view).
- Click on the blue icon on the right.
- Tick the Created box.
- Click on update view.
Deleting a view
- Go to the view you want to delete and click on it
- Click Delete view
- Click Confirm
If you delete an integration that is used in the filters of a view, then this view will automatically be deactivated. Then, you can update its filters as described here, or delete the view as described here if you don't need it anymore.
The same thing happens when you delete a team, a user, a tag or a customer that is used in the filters of a view.
Here is how a deactivated view looks like:
The best views and sections for your support team can depend on the type of business you operate.
Below are 3 examples of view setups for common business structures: