What are views?
Views are lists of tickets, filtered to meet the requirements of customer service.
By default, Gorgias includes 4 views:
- Open tickets: all the tickets that are open, meaning that need your attention
- My tickets: tickets that are opened & assigned to you.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: open tickets from your support email address only
- Closed tickets: tickets that are closed. They don't need any further action from you.
Creating a new view
As you use Gorgias, you'll probably want to create your own views.
A view displays all the tickets that match certain filters. Filters can be a tag, a status, an integration, an assignee, a customer or a channel.
Here's how to create a view:
- In the blue navigation column, next to Views, click on the Settings wheel
- Click Create new view
- Click Add filter
- Typically, add 2 filters: STATUS is not CLOSED and TAGS contain A-CERTAIN-TAG
- Click Create view
You're all set!
How to update a view
Organizing & hiding views
Each team member can choose:
- Which views to display
- The order of the views
To edit this, click on the Settings wheel, and check or drag & drop views.
Ordering tickets by Date Created
If you would like to sort your tickets by date created, here is how you can create a custom view.
- Go into the view you want to sort out (in our example, this is our Open Tickets view).
- Click on the blue icon on the right.
- Tick the Created box.
- Click on update view.
Deleting a view
- Go to the view you want to delete and click on it
- Click Delete view
- Click Confirm
If you delete an integration that is used in the filters of a view, then this view will automatically be deactivated. Then, you can update its filters as described here, or delete the view as described here if you don't need it anymore.
The same thing happens when you delete a team, a user, a tag or a customer that is used in the filters of a view.
Here is how a deactivated view looks like: