Segment's software and APIs collect, clean, and control your customers' data.
How it works
You can send data about your tickets in Segment by adding Gorgias as a Source on your Segment account. By doing so, you can understand if customers who contacted support in the last year are generating more revenue.
First, add Gorgias as a Source to Segment:
- In your Segment account, click on "Sources"
- Click "Add Source"
- In the Server section, click "HTTP API"
- Click "Connect"
- Type in "Gorgias" as a nickname & SQL schema name, then click "Create source"
- Open your newly created Gorgias source
- Locate "Write Key" under Installation and copy it
- Go to http://decodebase64.com/ and paste the "Write Key" value under "ASCII Plain Text"
- After pasting the value, make sure you add a colon character (
:) at the end of the string
- Copy the resulting text that shows up in the "Base64" section
Nice job! Now you can send data to Segment! Next, we need Gorgias to notify Segment when a ticket is created.
How to notify Segment when a ticket is created
- In your Gorgias account, click on "Integrations," then click "HTTP Integration," then click "Add HTTP Integration"
- Use the following configuration, and click "Add Integration"
Integration name: Send info to segment on Ticket created
Trigger: Ticket created
HTTP Method: POST
Headers: Key: Authorization, Value: Basic "Paste Base64 code from Setup Instructions (step 10) here –without the quotes"
Request Body (JSON):
"event": "Ticket created"
Congratulations! Every time a ticket is created, data about the ticket will be sent to Segment. You can use the sent data in other apps.