Emotive is an SMS marketing platform for Shopify merchants.
How it works
The goal of the integration is to allow you to manage all of your Emotive conversations right from within Gorgias. Here's what the integration will allow once set up:
- New conversations that happen in Emotive create tickets in Gorgias
- All customer responses from Emotive are added to the same open tickets in Gorgias
- Conversations that Emotive starts with customers will sync to provide context for where the conversation was handed off to Gorgias
- Responding to a ticket in Gorgias sends a message via Emotive to the customer
- Closing a ticket in Gorgias closes a conversation in Emotive
- When Emotive learns the customer's name from an order or an abandoned checkout, it'll update the user profile in Gorgias with their first and last name on the next ticket that is opened
- All new tickets are tagged automatically for easier filtering and conversation management in Gorgias
- You'll also be able to send images to customers via Gorgias
- You can also opt-out a customer using Gorgias commands
You will first need to set up the integration in Emotive and then add the webhook to Gorgias.
Changes to be made in the Emotive dashboard:
Go to Settings -> Integrations -> Gorias
Gorgias API Key – Get this key from your Gorgias Account at the REST API tab
Email Address – The email address associated with the account
Base Gorgias URL – If you access Gorgias at https://emotive.gorgias.io/, then simply enter “emotive”.
Note: Please make sure that there are no spaces in the Base Gorgias URL or any other of these API inputs.
As for the Gorgias side of things:
You'll want to create two webhooks. The first one is the Ticket Message Created Webhook. This webhook lets Emotive know when a new ticket message (ie. a response to a customer) is added to a ticket.
- From your Gorgias account, go to Settings > Integrations > HTTP Integrations, as shown on the screenshots below:
- Add a new integration with the following parameters:
It is very important to set the integration name as 'Emotive Integration' due to Emotive's backend, but the description is totally up to you. As for the URL, you'll want to use this one:
- Add the following JSON template:
And that's it, you're ready to hit 'Save'! Now, for the Ticket Updated Webhook:
- Create another HTTP Integration with the following parameters:
Name – Emotive Webhook
Trigger – Ticket Updated ** (important, make sure that this is Ticket Updated) **
HTTP Method – POST
Request/Response Content-Type – application/json
Request Body (JSON) – paste the content below:
In the end, your dashboard should look something like this:
1) What does "Auto-Create Tickets" mean?
This option creates a new Gorgias ticket for every customer that replies to your Emotive number. Disabling this option allows you to manually choose which responses get created as Gorgias tickets via the Emotive response interface.
2) Can I create SMS tickets from Gorgias?
Unfortunately, customers must first text your Emotive number to start an SMS Gorgias ticket. You cannot start an SMS conversation with a customer from Gorgias.