Audit logUpdated 16 days ago
Audit logs is, in general, a document that records all events in the information technology system. In the sense of customer support, it is a chronological set of records that provides documentary evidence of activities that have been undertaken by support agents.
How it works
Audit Log tracks change even by multiple admins and record what action was performed, so you are always informed what happens within your team and what is the exact workflow for each ticket.
In Gorgias, Audit Logs is under Settings>Users and Teams. It could be filtered out by Team Member, Event, or period of time.
Here, you can see options that are enabled in the All events drop-down.
All events listed will also show a time and date when the event occurred, as well as the name of the agent that made the event happen. If you are seeing "No user", that means that the event was most likely triggered automatically, by a rule, macro or an integration action.
Here, we will elaborate a bit on the events and what they represent.
All events menu provides "created", "updated" or "deleted" option for all possible events that might take place in your account.
Rule created, deleted, updated, or suggestion created event will allow you to see any events that took place in regards to your rules, as well as the user that triggered the events.
Tag-related events will show you ID numbers and the timestamps of when certain tags were created, deleted or merged.
Team-related events, such as "created", "deleted" and "updated" will show you any events taking place in regards to Teams. When and by whom was a certain team created, deleted or updated in any way.
Ticket-related events account for around 50% of audit logs, so we will make sure to explain them all in detail:
- Ticket assigned event will take place when a ticket has been assigned to an agent or a team.
- Ticket closed event will take place any time a ticket has been closed (if a ticket is closed multiple times, each of those times will create an event)
- Ticket created event will happen any time a new ticket has been created in your help desk, either by an agent, a customer, or automatically.
- Ticket customer updated event takes place when you change a customer on a certain ticket.
- Ticket deleted event will take place when a ticket has been permanently deleted from your help desk. This will also show ticket ID that has been lost when the two tickets got merged.
- Ticket marked spam event happens when a certain ticket has been marked as Spam and moved to the Spam View.
- Ticket merged event will occur when a ticket has been merged with another ticket. This will show the ticket ID of the ticket that still remains active. The ticket ID that got merged into an active ticket will show as deleted in audit logs.
- Ticket message deleted, ticket message updated and ticket message summary created are events that are triggered by API calls.
- Ticket reopened event will happen when a ticket has been closed, and it got reopened either by a customer's message, a rule, or manually by an agent.
- Ticket self unsnoozed event will happen when a snoozed ticket gets reopened after snooze delay ends.
- Ticket snoozed event will occur any time a ticket has been snoozed, either by a rule, macro, or manually.
- Ticket subject updated event will happen when you add or change a subject of a certain ticket.
- Ticket tags added event will trigger any time you add a tag to a ticket.
- Ticket tags removed event will happen any time you remove a tag from a ticket.
- Ticket team assigned event triggers whenever a ticket has been assigned to a team.
- Ticket team unassigned event will occur whenever a ticket has been unassigned from a team.
- Ticket trashed event occurs whenever a ticket has been moved from one of the main views into the Trash View.
- Ticket unassigned event will trigger whenever a user has been unassigned from a ticket, either manually or by a rule.
- Ticket unmarked spam event happens when you unmark a ticket from spam, and move it to one of your main views.
- Ticket untrashed event happens whenever a ticket has been untrashed and removed from the Trash view back into one of the main views.
- Ticket updated event will trigger for any action made on a certain ticket - adding tags, closing and opening, new messages in ticket etc.
User - related events
- User created event will trigger whenever a new user gets created in the help desk.
- User deleted event will occur when you delete a user from the help desk.
- User invited event happens when you send an invitation email to one of the users from the help desk.
- User logged in event will be seen whenever a certain user logs in.
- User logged out event occurs when a user logs out of the help desk.
- User password changed event triggers when a user changes their password.
- User password reset will occur when a user requests a password reset for their user profile.
- User updated event will trigger when a user has been updated - changed email address, changed role, or name.
View-related events will occur when you create, update (change name, filters) or delete a view in your sidebar.
Widget-related events will happen when the ticket sidebar widget has been created, deleted or updated.
This section in Gorgias is still under development, so all the updates will be added here accordingly.