Facebook comments and ad comments
Once you integrate your Facebook business page with Gorgias, you will be able to manage and reply to your customers' FB comments from inside your Gorgias dashboard. To integrate Facebook with Gorgias please refer to this guide here.
How it works
If you activate Facebook comments on the Facebook integration page, it will create a ticket in Gorgias every time a user comments on a post. Responses to comments sent from Gorgias will appear as a reply. Comments on "dark posts" are supported as well as FB recommendations!
How the ticket will look like in Gorgias
From the ticket, you will have the option to hide, like/unlike and reply to the comment. You are also able to use macros (canned replies) when you are responding to your customers.
Additionally, you can also build rules that will automatically like specific Facebook comments (for example, all positive comments) and also hide certain comments (for example, negative ones).
As for comment replies, for example, in case that Customer 1 replies to the comment of Customer 2 (e.g. comment on the comment) we will update the existing ticket as well.
If the post is from your user it will create a new ticket as well, and each comment/reply will create a new 'message' in the ticket. Just please keep in mind that, should you agent use Facebook instead of Gorgias to post their comment, the author of the comment will appear as Gorgias Bot in the Gorgias ticket.
You can now get your Facebook page customer's recommendations in Gorgias! To activate this feature, simply go to the settings page of your FB integration and check the box that says 'Enable Facebook recommendations' as shown on the screenshot below.
Gorgias will then create a ticket for every new review on your page and will update the review ticket with each new comment on an existing review, just like with FB comments in general.
To have your Gorgias dashboard start pulling in comments from your Facebook ads as well, please follow the setup instructions below:
- Go to the "Overview" page of your Facebook integration
- Check the box "Enable Facebook posts, comments and ads comments"
- Click on "Save changes"
Now the tickets created for Facebook ad comments will be under the 'facebook' channel.
Facebook comment reactions
You don’t need to open Facebook anymore to see if your customer reacted to your comment. Indeed, next to the message, we now display your reaction, your customer’s reaction, and the total number of the other reactions made. By hovering on the total number of other reactions, you will be able to see the kind of reactions the Facebook community has made. That way you'll have an idea of the popularity of your comment without leaving Gorgias.
- Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t yet allow the creation of a reaction (besides a 'like') using its API. So, from Gorgias, it is only possible to like/unlike a comment for now.
- In order to protect our infrastructure, we are limiting the rate of Facebook reactions coming into our system. This may lead to inaccuracies between what we are displaying and the reactions on Facebook.
- If you wish to download a file from a Facebook ticket the file can only be downloaded as a .web file, even though it might be a different format on Facebook directly. There is a workaround, however! Simply try the following:
- Find the video/image file downloaded on your computer
- Start renaming the file, at some point in the name there will be a “.mp4” for video or ".jpg" for images
- Erase everything after the name of the file
You should now be able to open the file!
Having some trouble with your Facebook comments? We have an article that can help :) Please take a look at Troubleshooting Issues with your Facebook Integration.