Benefits of Magento 2
- Display customer profiles next to tickets
- Display orders, shipments and credit memos
- Insert Magento 2 variables in macros
- Use Magento 2 variables as filters in rules
How to connect Magento 2?
To connect your Magento 2 store to your Gorgias account, you first need to install the Gorgias plugin on your store.
To do so:
- Buy the "Gorgias" plugin from the Magento Marketplace: https://marketplace.magento.com/gorgias-module-magento-connect.html (don't worry, it's free!)
Then, please ask your developer to:
- Connect to your Magento store's server with SSH
- Run those commands:
composer require gorgias/module-magento-connect
Once this is done, go to your Gorgias account:
- Click on "Settings" > "Integrations" > "Magento 2"
- Click on "Add Magento 2 store"
- Enter the URL of the Admin panel of your Magento 2 store, then click on "Add integration"
- You will be redirected to your Magento 2 store: there, click on "Create"
- You will then be redirected back to your Gorgias account
- 🎉 your Magento 2 store is now connected to your Gorgias account! From this point, we will do an initial import of all your customers into Gorgias. Any new order / customer will also be synchronized, and data about orders will be updated when there are new shipments or credit memos related to them.
Below is a screenshot of how customer & order info will appear:
Version 1.2 of our Magento plugin, with support for Magento 2.4, is now live.
If you are upgrading from an existing installation, you'll have to follow the instructions below. please ask your developer to run these instructions when doing the upgrade, in order to avoid lags on your Magento server:
- SSH into your Magento server
- Put your store in maintenance mode
- Connect into your database
- Run this query: `DELETE FROM gorgias_sync_log WHERE sync_flag = 1 OR sync_fail_count > 5;`
- If it takes too long, you can interrupt it and run `DELETE FROM gorgias_sync_log WHERE sync_flag = 1 OR sync_fail_count > 5 LIMIT 10000;` multiple times, until it doesn't delete anything anymore
That's it, you should be good to go! You can then resume upgrading the Gorgias plugin as usual.