Magento is an ecommerce platform built on open source technology which provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content and functionality of their online store.
The Gorgias plugin for Magento is currently compatible with Magento 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 for all Magento versions: Open Source (CE), Commerce using on prem (EE), Commerce on Cloud (ECE).
- Display customer profiles next to tickets
- Display orders, shipments and credit memos
- Insert Magento 2 variables in macros
- Use Magento 2 variables as filters in rules
To connect your Magento 2 store to your Gorgias account, you first need to install the Gorgias plugin on your store. Please follow these steps in order to do so:
- Get the Gorgias plugin from the Magento Marketplace (don't worry, it's free!)
- Connect to your Magento store's server with SSH with your developers' assistance
- Run these commands:
composer require gorgias/module-magento-connect
Once this is done, go to your Gorgias account:
- Click on Settings -> Integrations -> Magento 2
- Click on "Add Magento 2 store"
- For "One-click installation" follow the next steps:
- Enter the URL of the Admin panel of your Magento 2 store, then click on "Add integration"
- You will be redirected to your Magento 2 store: there, click on "Create"
- You will then be redirected back to your Gorgias account
- For "Manual installation" follow the next steps:This option is useful if you have a firewall configured on your Magento store that prevents you from adding the integration using the one-click installation process.
- Go to Magento admin dashboard
- Click on Settings > Integrations
- Click on Add New Integration and set variables as such:
- name: "Gorgias - Manual Integration"
- Enter your password at the bottom
- In the left panel, click on API, and then check those permissions:
Sales > Operations > Orders > Actions > View
Sales > Operations > Orders > Actions > Edit
Sales > Operations > Orders > Actions > Cancel
Sales > Operations > Orders > Actions > Credit Memos
Sales > Operations > Shipments
Sales > Operations > Credit Memos
Customers (and then uncheck the All Customers, Now Online and Customer Groups nested permissions)
- Click on Save in the top-right corner
- When you're back on the list, on the "Gorgias - Manual Integration", click on Activate
- Click on Allow
- Copy all credentials
- Click on Done
- Go back to Gorgias interface and paste all credentials into the form together with the store url
- Click on Add Integration
- 🎉 your Magento 2 store is now connected to your Gorgias account! From this point, we will do an initial import of all your customers into Gorgias. Any new order / customer will also be synchronized, and data about orders will be updated when there are new shipments or credit memos related to them.
Below is a screenshot of how customer & order info will appear:
Version 1.2 of our Magento plugin, with support for Magento 2.4, is now live.
If you are upgrading from an existing installation, you'll have to follow the instructions below. please ask your developer to run these instructions when doing the upgrade, in order to avoid lags on your Magento server:
- SSH into your Magento server
- Put your store in maintenance mode
- Connect into your database
- Run this query: `DELETE FROM gorgias_sync_log WHERE sync_flag = 1 OR sync_fail_count > 5;`
- If it takes too long, you can interrupt it and run `DELETE FROM gorgias_sync_log WHERE sync_flag = 1 OR sync_fail_count > 5 LIMIT 10000;` multiple times, until it doesn't delete anything anymore
That's it, you should be good to go! You can then resume upgrading the Gorgias plugin as usual.
Installing the Gorgias Chat Widget on your Magento store