Internal NotesUpdated 5 days ago
Internal notes are messages on tickets that are only visible to your team and not to the customer. You can use them to collaborate directly on tickets as they can be easily spotted due to their orange background and allow you to mention Users on them.
Leaving an internal note on a ticket
1. Click on the channel icon.
2. Select 'Leave an internal note'.
3. Type the note and click send.
4. This will add the note to the ticket, which won't be visible to the customer.
How to mention someone
1. Type @, find the desired User on the list, and click on the name.
2. Add the note content and click send.
Create internal notes by email
You can now create an internal note inside the ticket by simply replying to the mention email notification:
- Ticket message history is now included in mention emails for more context.
- It is possible to reply to mention emails from your email inbox. This will create a new internal note in your helpdesk without having to open it.
- Internal notes emails with a mention can be forwarded to another agent, and if this one selects
reply to allwhen answering it will also create a new internal note in the same ticket.
Create a ticket with an internal note
It is possible to create a ticket with just an Internal Note following these steps:
- Set a customer to the ticket from the ticket search bar
- Switch the channel to Internal Note
- Click Send
How are internal notes reflecting the statistics?
Internal notes are not included in the statistics like regular messages. They are not going toward tickets replied, messages sent, nor one-touch tickets count.
If you are creating a ticket with an internal note, in that case, it will reflect the number of tickets created via email.
How can we track tickets with the internal notes?
As of now, the internal notes cannot be included and filtered in the view. What you could definitely do here, is create a rule that would auto-tag tickets once the internal note is placed, and create a view that would filter the ticket by that specific tag. if you need further assistance with creating rules or views, please consult our docs pages.
You can also filter tickets with a specific user mentioned in an internal note by auto-tagging them and even assign the ticket to that user.
Are the internal notes included in the ticket thread once it is forwarded?
No. Internal notes cannot be seen if the ticket is forwarded to another email address. It is only visible to existing Gorgias users once access the ticket.