Satisfaction survey (CSAT) 101Updated 8 months ago
Customer satisfaction ratings are one of the best ways to determine how well your team is supporting your customers. Take a look at the video or at screenshots below to learn more about this feature in Gorgias and how to set it up.
1. Go to "Settings":
2. In the left panel select "Satisfaction":
3. Set up when the survey will be sent after the ticket has been closed:
4. Choose the channels that will be used to send the survey:
5. Customize your message, and feel free to use the offered variables:
6. Click "Save" and you are done!
Here is what your customer will see when they receive a satisfaction survey from you and select a star rating:
Viewing statistics for your satisfaction surveys
Here you will see the customer information, agent, rating, and if the customer left a comment that will be shown as a clickable link to the ticket under the "comment" column. Satisfaction survey statistics allow you to measure how good is the support your team is providing over time. How many surveys have been sent, response rate, average scores and more.
- Go to "Statistics".
- Click "Satisfaction" on the left navigation panel.
- You can select the time period you want to view data for on the top right. IMPORTANT: This will show surveys that were sent to the customer within the selected date range, regardless of when a customer might have filled out the survey.
E.g: If a survey was sent to the customer on 09/09 and the customer filled it out and submitted it on 09/20, the survey will show under the 09/09 date, not 09/20.
- You can also select the tag you want to view data for.
- The agent you want to view data for.
- All scores from ratings that customers left.
- And you can also select a specific channel.
Are satisfaction surveys sent if you snooze a ticket?
No, the satisfaction surveys will not be sent if the ticket is snoozed
How to deactivate satisfaction surveys?
You need to uncheck Email and Chat boxes.
When does Gorgias send a satisfaction survey?
We'll only send the satisfaction survey if:
- there's at least one message from a customer and one answer from an agent (messages sent via rules and notes do not count)
- the total conversation (all messages together) is longer than 250 characters
- the last reply from an agent, at the moment when the ticket gets closed, is less than a week ago
If a business closes a ticket multiple times, will the satisfaction survey be sent multiple times?
If the customer already received a survey for this ticket and the ticket reopens and re-closes, we do not send another survey for that ticket.
Can satisfaction surveys be edited or deleted by an Admin in Gorgias?
No, it can't be edited or deleted by an admin or account owner.
Do we get billed for satisfaction surveys sent out? Does this count as a billable ticket?
Since the satisfaction survey is sent to a ticket that was marked as billable, there will be no extra charge for sending the survey.
If I accidentally close the ticket, can I reopen it before the set time has passed? Does that prevent the survey from being sent?
Yes. If you set your surveys to be sent after 2 hours for example, accidentally close the ticket, but reopen it before 2 hours have passed, we do not send the survey on it.
Do links for satisfaction surveys expire?
Yes, they expire after 6 months.
Can I show statistics for a period longer than 90 days?
For now, we do not have that option, but it is on our road map, and probably it will be in the future.
Can I create a macro for the survey by copying the variables from Settings > Satisfaction and send surveys to my customers manually that way?
No, the variable will not work as intended in these cases, so sending surveys this way is not possible.
What happens to the satisfaction survey inside the ticket if we merge it?
If you merge the ticket in which there is a satisfaction survey, the survey will disappear for the ticket. However, you will still be able to search for that specific satisfaction survey under Statistics > Satisfaction.
Does the data show up in Satisfaction stats if a customer did not click any stars but just commented?
No. In these cases, we are not pulling the message customer left inside the satisfaction survey page. The customer needs to select a rating and then leave a comment.
Will the satisfaction survey be triggered for the deleted ticket if all other conditions are fulfilled?
No, the customer satisfaction survey will not trigger for the deleted tickets.
What if I have multiple brands using different email integrations?
The satisfaction survey is sent using the last message’s email channel (if the ticket channel is email) or the associated email address for chat tickets.
Are surveys sent for social media tickets?
No. At this stage surveys are only sent to email and chat tickets.