What can macros do?
Macros are pre-made responses you can use to respond to your customers faster.
Macros can perform a number of actions on a ticket including:
- Insert response text: insert text into the response area. You can include variables such as the customer's first name
- Set subject: change the subject of the ticket
- Add tags
- Add an attachment (10mb file size limit)
- Set status
- Set assignee
- HTTP actions: trigger webhooks in other applications (such as refunding a customer on Stripe)
Here's how to create a macro:
- Go to any ticket
- In the reply area, click on Search macro by name
- Click on Manage Macros on the right of the preview pane. This opens the Manage macros page.
- Click on Create macro
- Name your macro, and type the pre-made response in the Set response text area.
- Optional: add an action, like editing a Shopify order or adding a tag
- Click the green Create macro button at the bottom right
Macros page in settings
It is now possible to manage your macros outside of your tickets, by accessing the new macro page through the settings!
This will give you the ability to monitor usage in a single place while giving you the same customization abilities. You will be able to: 1. create, 2. duplicate, and 3. delete macros from the same page.
How to use macros in a ticket?
To insert a macro in a ticket, click on "search macros" in the reply area, and select the macro you want to insert!
Take a look at Macros Video Tutorial for more information on how to benefit the most of using this feature!
Frequently asked questions
- If a client has multiple support email addresses integrated and they have "Apply macro" action set in their rules, which email address will be used in the "From" field? When macro is used in bulk, it should behave exactly the same way as if an agent sent the message on their own while responding to tickets.
- How can macros get sorted? Macros are sorted automatically - in alphabetical order and by the frequency of use, but not manually in any way.
- Can the note be added to the customer's Shopify profile without creating a ticket? It can be easily created by webhook.