- How it works
- Setup instructions
- What is Support Confirmation?
- I would like to enable Support Confirmation. How should I manage tickets?
- What is Remove agent signature?
- How do I create views and rules for my Attentive integration in Gorgias?
- Why are there no images showing in Gorgias on our Attentive tickets? We can see them in Attentive.
- The email thread and signatures are being added to each SMS message sent from Gorgias. How do I turn that off?
- Can I connect multiple Attentive accounts to a single Gorgias account?
Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative e-commerce and retail brands that can quickly become a top 3 revenue channel. Using real-time behavioural data, Attentive automatically sends engaging text messages to each subscriber at every step of the customer lifecycle.
Please see this article for more information and step-by-step instructions to ensure your account is not impacted.
How it works
Integrating Gorgias and Attentive is easy and can be done in 10 minutes. If you're already an Attentive customer, just follow the steps below. If you'd like to become an Attentive customer, please request a demo.
When Attentive tickets are created in Gorgias, if the incoming phone number matches an existing customer, Gorgias will merge their information automatically. This way, you will have all of the additional customer information in the Gorgias sidebar too!
- Ensure you are signed into both Attentive and Gorgias
- In Gorgias, click on the main menu (top left hand corner) and navigate to Settings > REST API
This will expose your unique API credentials
- In Attentive, navigate to Integrations
- Click the Gorgias tile
- Copy the API credentials from Gorgias into the fields in Attentive
- (optional) Setup Support Confirmation in Attentive
We recommend enabling Support Confirmation however this will change the way agents respond to tickets. Please our FAQs for details.
- Toggle this setting on
- Enable Remove agent signature and set your delimiter
- Click Save changes
Your integration is now setup. If successful a temporary 'success!' notification will appear
- In Attentive, navigate to Settings > Messages
- Enable Autoresponder and ensure your messages include your keyword
- Click Save settings
You can check the integration is successful in Gorgias by navigating to Settings > Integrations > HTTP. There will be two new Attentive integrations.
What is Support Confirmation?
Support confirmation filters incoming SMS replies from customers by asking them to confirm they wish to be connected to a support agent. We recommend enabling it in order to reduce the number of needless tickets created for your support team.
The Resolution message will be sent when an Attentive ticket is closed. This is optional.
- Without Support Confirmation: No messages are filtered, and every message that a subscriber sends is forwarded to your customer support team queue in Gorgias.
- With Support Confirmation: Some messages are filtered. Customers will need to confirm that they want to be connected with a customer support representative.
Templates for Support Confirmation messages
Auto-responder: Thanks for texting us! Please respond with 'Service' for assistance.
Support Confirmation Keyword: Service
Acknowledgement Message: Your request has been forwarded to our support team. We'll get back to you as soon as possible during our business hours.
Resolution Message (optional): I'll close this conversation. If you need anything else, text back 'Service' to be reconnected.
I would like to enable Support Confirmation. How should I manage tickets?
When Support Confirmation is enabled closing a ticket in Gorgias will end the conversation. When this happens:
- the customer will be sent the Resolution message (if set)
- any further customer replies to the thread will not sync with Gorgias until the customer sends the keyword again
For this reason we recommend snoozing Attentive tickets after each reply, and only closing when the full conversation is finished. When snoozed any customer replies will reopen the ticket.
If you have a Resolution message set you may wish to include 'reply back <<keyword>> to be reconnected'. There is a template of this above.
What is Remove agent signature?
The Remove agent signature option ensure unnecessary information is not included in your reply (eg. historical messages, email signatures, etc...). We advise against disabling this setting.
The delimiter is a text marker Attentive uses to recognise the start of a signature, removing the delimiter and any text after it. Here is an example of a delimiter set correctly
How do I create views and rules for my Attentive integration in Gorgias?
The 'attentive' tag will be automatically added to the tickets coming from this channel. This can be useful in creating a separate view for Attentive tickets for example, and for building rules as well.
Why are there no images showing in Gorgias on our Attentive tickets? We can see them in Attentive.
While images are supported by Attentive, they cannot be sent nor received via Gorgias just yet.
The email thread and signatures are being added to each SMS message sent from Gorgias. How do I turn that off?
If your account was integrated after 15th September 2021 historical replies will automatically be excluded from messages sent by agents.
If your integration was setup prior to this, you can reinstalling the integration via Attentive or use these instructions:
- Go to your HTTP Attentive Integration settings
- update the fields below
Stripped text is defined as the text version of the body of the message without email signatures and previous replies.
Can I connect multiple Attentive accounts to a single Gorgias account?
Yes! You can definitely connect multiple Attentive accounts to a single Gorgias one, also, the Attentive account name will be included inside the ticket subject so you can easily differentiate them per store!