Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative e-commerce and retail brands that can quickly become a top 3 revenue channel. Using real-time behavioral data, Attentive automatically sends engaging text messages to each subscriber at every step of the customer lifecycle.
How it works
Integrating Gorgias and Attentive is easy and can be done in 10 minutes. If you're already an Attentive customer, just follow the steps below. If you'd like to become an Attentive customer, please request a demo.
When Attentive tickets are created in Gorgias, if the incoming phone number matches an existing customer, Gorgias will merge their information automatically. This way, you will have all of the additional customer information in the Gorgias sidebar too!
- 1. Sign in to your Gorgias account
- 2. Click the three dots on the top right of the sidebar and select “Settings”
- 3. Select “REST API” in the sidebar
- 4. Copy your Base API URL, Username, and Password
- 5. Determine whether you want to enable Support Confirmation (we recommend enabling it in order to reduce the number of needless tickets created for your CX team)
- Without Support Confirmation: No messages are filtered, and every message that a subscriber sends is forwarded to your customer support team queue in Gorgias.
- With Support Confirmation: Some messages are filtered. Customers will need to confirm that they want to be connected with a customer support representative.
If you would like to use Support Confirmation, you will need to provide your Client Strategy Manager with the following three things:
- Support Confirmation Keyword: Our auto-reply will prompt the subscriber to reply with this keyword to confirm that they want to be connected with a customer support representative
- Examples: “Service”, “Assist”
- Acknowledgment Message: Once they reply with the keyword, the subscriber will receive this message to confirm that their request has been submitted to your customer support team
- Example: “Your request has been forwarded to our support team. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible”
- Resolution Message (optional): After their ticket has been closed, the subscriber will receive this message as a final confirmation
- Example: “Your request has been resolved. If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out.”
- 6. Once you have your API credentials and have decided whether you are using Support Confirmation, send your Attentive team the following information:
- Base API Url
- API Key
- (optional) Support Confirmation Keyword
- (optional) Acknowledgment Message
- (optional) Resolution Message
How do I create views and rules for my Attentive integration in Gorgias?
The 'attentive' tag will be automatically added to the tickets coming from this channel. This can be useful in creating a separate view for Attentive tickets for example, and for building rules as well.
Why are there no images showing in Gorgias on our Attentive tickets? We can see them in Attentive.
While images are supported by Attentive, they cannot be sent nor received via Gorgias just yet.
The email thread and signatures are being added to each SMS message sent from Gorgias. How do I turn that off?
Go to your HTTP Attentive Integration settings and update
Stripped text is defined as the text version of the body of the message without email signatures and previous replies.