With this feature you can automate ticket assignment for all of the available agents in your Gorgias account.
A couple of things to note, before we begin:
Also, when the auto-assign feature is enabled, Gorgias users will not get a sound notification for the initial customer chat message, only for tickets that are already assigned to them when a new message comes in from the customer.
How it works
With this feature you can choose to either Auto-assign tickets to available agents, Un-assign tickets upon reply or have both options on at the same time!
In the following example, we auto-assign chat tickets to available users from one of our teams:
- Create your team and add members to it. You can check out this article for a more detailed guide on that part.
- Create a rule that assigns new tickets to your team. You can learn more about rules in our documentation here too.
Keep in mind that this rule has different functionality than assigning the ticket to a specific user. In this case, all of the chat tickets will be assigned to a single agent and the auto-assign feature will not have any impact. See the example below.
- Enable the 'Auto-assign tickets' feature on the path Settings -> Ticket assignment. This feature will auto-assign tickets that are assigned to a team to an available agent of this team, as soon as an agent of the team is available.
From here feel free to select the channels on which the features should be applied. More on the 'Un-assign on reply feature' below!
Now the tickets that are assigned to a team, but not assigned to a user, will be automatically and evenly assigned to available team members.
Un-assign on Reply
The 'Un-assign on reply' feature is used to automatically unassign tickets assigned to your agents who are not online. When this option is enabled, it will automatically unassign all of the tickets that have received a reply if the agent that the ticket was assigned to is not set as available (online) in the helpdesk.
This feature will hopefully help you lower your response time!
The "Un-assign on reply" option is found on the path Settings -> Ticket assignment. It'll be enabled by default.
From here you can select the channels you want to apply "Un-assign on reply" to as shown below:
Team member availability
Team members are considered as available if they:
- are online
- set their status to 'Available'
- are below one of these assignment limits:
- they have fewer than 3 chat-type tickets assigned to them (includes chat, Facebook Messenger and Instagram Direct Message channels)
- they have fewer than 4 non-chat tickets assigned to them (all other channels)
- I already have more than 4 tickets assigned to me. Why do I keep getting more assigned?
If an agent has 4 or more non-chat tickets assigned to them, they are still eligible to be auto-assigned chat tickets, provided they are under the chat-type ticket limit of 3.
Similarly, if an agent has 3 chat-type tickets assigned to them, they are still available to be auto-assigned non-chat tickets, provided they are under the non-chat limit of 4.
- Which tickets does this feature prioritize?
The auto-assign feature prioritizes the oldest ticket created at all times.
- Why can't I access these settings?
Only the users with the Admin role (and the Account Owner) can access the settings page for this feature.
If you prefer your tickets assigned manually, feel free to check out this guide for more tips.