Using rules and teams, you can auto-assign tickets to available users. In the following example, we auto-assign chat tickets to available users of one of our teams.
When the "auto-assign tickets" setting is enabled, unassigned tickets for selected channels will not appear in the "Chats" section of the dashboard.
- Create your team and add members in it.
- Create a rule that assigns new tickets to your team. You can learn more about rules in our documentation.
- Enable the "auto-assign tickets" feature. This feature will auto-assign tickets that are assigned to a team, to an available agent of this team, as soon as an agent of the team is available.
Also, you can enable feature "un-assign on reply". This feature will un-assign the tickets when there is a new reply in a ticket, if the user assigned to it is not available.
Then, select channels on which the "auto-assign tickets" and "un-assign on reply" features should be applied.
- Tickets that are assigned to a team, but that are not assigned to a user yet, will be automatically and evenly assigned to available team members.
Team members are considered as available if they:
- are online
- set their status to "Available"
- have less than 3 chat tickets assigned to them (channels "chat" or "facebook-messenger"), or less than 4 non-chat tickets assigned to them (all the others channels).