Auto-assign and auto-unassign tickets
- Team auto-assignment
- Un-assign on Reply
- How it works
- How to set it up
With these features you can automate ticket assignment for all of the available agents in your Gorgias account.
- unassigned tickets for selected channels will not appear in the "Chat & Messaging" section of the dashboard on the left. The only tickets in the chat section inside the left sidebar will be the ones assigned to the logged-in user.
How it works
When this feature is enabled, tickets assigned to a team will be automatically assigned to eligible team members.
Team members are considered eligible if they:
- are online
- set their status to 'Available'
- are below one of these assignment limits:
- they have fewer than 3 chat-type tickets assigned to them (includes chat, Facebook Messenger and Instagram Direct Message channels)
- they have fewer than 4 non-chat tickets assigned to them (all other channels)
In the following example, we auto-assign chat tickets to available users from one of our teams:
- Create your team and add members to it. You can check out this article for a more detailed guide on that part.
- Create a rule that assigns new tickets to your team. You can learn more about rules in our documentation here too.
Keep in mind that this rule has different functionality than assigning the ticket to a specific user. In this case, all of the chat tickets will be assigned to a single agent and the auto-assign feature will not have any impact. See the example below.
- Enable the 'Auto-assign tickets' feature on the path Settings -> Ticket assignment. This feature will auto-assign tickets that are assigned to a team to an available agent of this team, as soon as an agent of the team is available.
From here feel free to select the channels on which the features should be applied. More on the 'Un-assign on reply feature' below!
Now the tickets that are assigned to a team, but not assigned to a user, will be automatically and evenly assigned to available team members.
Un-assign on Reply
How it works
The 'Un-assign on reply' feature is used to automatically:
- unassign a ticket assigned to your agents who are not online or available
- if the ticket has received a reply
This feature will hopefully help you lower your response time! You can use it in conjunction with team auto-assignment
How to set it up
The "Un-assign on reply" option is found on the path Settings -> Ticket assignment. It'll be enabled by default.
From here you can select the channels you want to apply "Un-assign on reply" to as shown below:
I already have more than 4 tickets assigned to me. Why do I keep getting more assigned?
If an agent has 4 or more non-chat tickets assigned to them, they are still eligible to be auto-assigned chat tickets, provided they are under the chat-type ticket limit of 3.
Similarly, if an agent has 3 chat-type tickets assigned to them, they are still available to be auto-assigned non-chat tickets, provided they are under the non-chat limit of 4.
Which tickets does this feature prioritize?
The auto-assign feature prioritizes the oldest ticket created at all times.
What if I want to prioritize chat-like tickets?
The engine considers the “chat-like” and “mail-like” capacity of each agent independently.
If agents want to answer chats first, they will not be assigned more “mail-like” tickets to replace the “chat-like” tickets they’ve closed. They will only be served “chat-like” tickets until there are no unassigned “chat-like” ticket anymore in their team
How does the engine choose the next agent to assign a ticket to?
For each channel group (chat-like, mail-like), the next ticket will be assigned to the agent with the fewest tickets first.
If there’s a tie between multiple agents, the order is random between them
Why can't I access these settings?
Only the users with the Admin role (and the Account Owner) can access the settings page for this feature.
If you prefer your tickets assigned manually, feel free to check out this guide for more tips.