- Setup instructions
Internal notes are messages on tickets that are only visible to your team and not to the customer. You can use them to collaborate on a ticket and on a ticket. Internal notes are easily spotted in tickets because they have an orange background as shown below:
Leaving an internal note on a ticket
- Click on the channel icon.
- Select Leave an internal note.
- Type the note and click send.
- This will add the note to the ticket. The note won't be visible to the customer.
How to mention someone
When you need the input of a colleague to respond to a ticket, add an internal note and mention your colleague on it. They will receive an email with the note when you send the message.
- Type @ find your colleague on the list, and click on the name.
- Type the text and click send.
Create internal notes by email
You can now create an internal note inside the ticket by simply replying to the mention email notification:
- ticket message history is now included in mention emails so that you have more context
- you can now reply directly to mention emails in your inbox, and it will create a new internal note in the helpdesk; no need to open Gorgias just to add a note!
- you can forward the mentioned email to another agent, and if this one selects
reply to allwhen answering, it will also create an internal note in the ticket.
Create a ticket with an internal note
As of now, you will also be able to create a new ticket with just an internal note! What you need to do here is:
- set a customer to the ticket from the ticket search bar
- switch the channel to an internal note
- post your comment!
How are internal notes reflecting the statistics?
Internal notes are not included in the statistics like regular messages. They are not going toward tickets replied, messages sent, nor one-touch tickets count! Unless you are creating a ticket with an internal note, in that case, it will reflect the number of tickets created via email.
How can we track tickets with the internal notes?
As of now, the internal notes cannot be included and filtered in the view. What you could definitely do here, is create a rule that would auto-tag tickets once the internal note is placed, and create a view that would filter the ticket by that specific tag. if you need further assistance with creating rules or views, please consult our docs pages. :)
You can also filter tickets with a specific user mentioned in an internal note by auto-tagging them and even assign the ticket to that user.
Are the internal notes included in the ticket thread once it is forwarded?
No. Internal notes cannot be seen if the ticket is forwarded to another email address. It is only visible to existing Gorgias users once access the ticket.