Rule LibraryUpdated 2 months ago
We're happy to let you know that we now offer a Rule Library! For your convenience, you can now select premade rules to set up in your account, along with matching views. 🥳
How it works
Rule installation is now simpler and faster as you can access Settings → Rules → Rule Library and there you will find several preset rules for you to choose from. They've been curated to fit some of the most common workflows and have been proven to automate a big portion of your customer interactions.
Please follow the steps below to access the library:
- Go to Settings from the main dashboard.
2. Go to Rules and then select Rule Library. Here you will find several presets to choose from, depending on what you need to automate a portion of your daily workflow. Maybe you want to auto-close some social media mentions that don't need your attention or you want to tag some tickets based on the detected sentiments. Lots to choose from!
3. Once you've chosen the perfect rule for you, click on it to review the setup and select the option outlined below if you want to automatically create a view matching the rule.
4. After you click on 'Add rule' you will find your rule installed on the My Rules tab as shown below, where you can also modify the rule if needed to better suit your needs.
5. And back on the homepage you will find a new view waiting for you, matching the rule setup, that you can also adjust further from there.
These rules need no code, no setup. Install them from the rule library and you are good to go!
- In order to install them, select the rule, then click on 'Install Rule'.
- Click 'Go!' in the green pop-up above next...
- ...and you’ll be directed to the rule editing page, where you can add/subtract from the rule the conditions you need or don't need for your particular workflow.
Now let's dive deeper into a couple of the most commonly installed rules.
Auto-close non-support emails
This rule will take care of all of the tickets created by non-support related emails, closing them and tagging them so that they are sorted into appropriate views.
You can further modify the rule by adjusting the 'Accepted' and 'Block' lists, to determine which email addresses should be handled by this rule and which shouldn't.
Send tracking information email
One of the most common questions that your customers will be submitting is certainly 'Where is my order?'. You can now tackle it with minimum effort by enabling this auto-reply rule in your Rule Library.
You can exclude certain email addresses from receiving this auto-reply under 'Exclusion email list'. Below that option, you can modify your auto-reply body to your liking.
Finally, at the bottom of the page, you can modify your signature. On the right, you'll see what your auto-reply will look like to your customer once sent.
And the fun doesn't stop there! We released a new update for this particular rule and the rule now provides about 28% more coverage about shipping information!
From now on, the tracking link will redirect the customer to the Gorgias self-serve portal, which provides the customer with more shipping data. This will hopefully result in a more comprehensive and smoother experience for your shopper.
Here's a preview of the portal that they'll be taken to:
In this case your customers don't need their login or order number. Gorgias will automatically extract the necessary information for them, provided that we have their email address already.
And from your end, the setup is completely plug-and-play! 🎮
Note: Please just keep in mind that this feature is only available to Automation Add-on subscribers. For more information about how you can use the add-on to automate 20% of your customer requests, don’t hesitate to reach out!
If you don't see a rule that you want to set up on the list, we have a lot more suggestions for you! Please check out our Rule Templates guide here. It contains a bunch of references that you can use to set up some other rules that you may need.
And if you have more follow-up questions on rules in general, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team via live chat or email at [email protected] We're here to advise!