Gorgias Chat - Contact form
The contact form in Gorgias Chat is a way to collect customer inquiries when your shop is offline.
Contact form inquiries create tickets that you can reply to via email instead of creating a live chat ticket with little to no information filled from the customer.
- Better expectations for the customer/shopper
- Easier to keep the chat on outside of business hours
Coupled with the Live Chat setting that you are free to toggle on and back off whenever you want, it allows you to go on lunch breaks and meetings carefree, knowing that your chat will still be available to your customers and that you'll be free to get back to them later.
How it works
Please have a look at the video below to get the best general idea on how this feature can benefit both you and your shoppers. Here we will use an example when the contact form is embedded within chat:
On the customers' end, the form itself is composed of 5 sections. The customer will need to go through all of these sections in order to complete the contact form:
- Subject prompt
The customer can choose one of these prompts or click on Other. If they click on Other, they will have a text field open, with 100 characters maximum to fill.
- Message prompt
This is the message asking them to provide additional information.
- Email capture
The customer can leave their email here.
- Additional information
The customer can add more information here if needed.
A confirmation message will be sent to the customer. The customer can also leave another message which will prompt another form to start if clicked.
There's no set-up required, since November 9th the chat contact form is mandatory.
This means that it will automatically be on outside of business hours or if you turn off live chat inside business hours.
- The contact form is currently limited to outside of business hours. However, if the 'Live chat' toggle is off, the contact form will apply automatically, regardless of your business hours.
- The message prompt limit is 5000 characters.
- The email in the email capture is limited to 100 characters.
- The subjects are not editable unless you use advance customization, see dedicated article.
Did you know that you can also set up a contact form in Help Center?
Read more here to see how you could set up a contact form inside Help Center, accessible for all plans.