- How to create chat campaigns
- Tagging chat campaigns
- Frequently asked questions:
Chat campaigns, sometimes referred to as proactive chat, are a great way to engage customers on your website and can help increase conversions as well.
How to create chat campaigns
You can create chat campaigns by going to Settings > Integrations > Chat > The desired chat integration > Campaigns.
Use the "Current URL" and "Time spent on page" filters to determine what page(s) each campaign pops up on and when you want it to appear. You can also choose the message of the campaign and if you want that message to look like it was sent by a certain agent.
You can also modify the text in your campaign with rich text formatting and embedded hyperlinks, as well as add inline images and emojis. Feel free to get creative! You can read about this in more detail here as well.
Create multiple campaigns geared towards your customers' needs and drive traffic to other products on your site. This is a great opportunity to cross-sell and increase your AOV.
When your customers reply to your chat campaigns, the response will open a new ticket that will contain your campaign as the first message in the ticket. It'll look something like this:
This is super-useful when you want to set up rules for your chat campaigns! For example, if you want to add a specific tag to the ticket based on which campaign the customer replied to, you can set up the rule based on the message body (since you'll always know the body of your campaign).
Please note that chat campaigns will not trigger:
- Outside of your business hours. This is to ensure that your campaigns are active only at the time when your support agents are online and that they can continue the conversation with the customer interacting with the campaign.
- Once your customer closes them or interacts with them once (unless the customer uses a different browser or incognito mode or clears their cache and cookies).
- Once your customer opens the chat (it will cancel campaigns for this session, but won't hide them forever: if they refresh the page, they will have chances to be displayed again, until they get closed or interacted with)(this is especially true for campaigns which display after the customer has spent a certain amount of time on the page: if your customer opened the chat before this amount of time, the campaign won't display until they refresh the page and wait the specified amount of time without opening the chat widget)Our chat campaigns can trigger based on the URL+UTMs as well, not just URL!
Tagging chat campaigns
If you'd like to keep track of your chat campaigns and see how efficient they are, we recommend setting up an auto-tag rule for them. This rule would read the message included in your chat campaign and tag the ticket based on it. Here is an example that you can follow:
Frequently asked questions:
Does a campaign that does not receive a response from a customer count as a ticket?No. Chat campaigns are only considered as tickets once customer replies to the pop-up message
Is there a way to hide chat campaigns on mobile though keeping the chat bubble?At the moment, chat campaigns are displayed when accessing your website on a mobile device. If you'd like to be able to hide chat campaigns on mobile devices, please submit the idea here and our product team will look into it!
Also, keep in mind that mobile accounts for 65% of all ecommerce traffic.
In which cases the chat campaigns are counted as billable tickets?Chat campaigns are going toward the billable ticket count with the first customer's response. Unlike regular tickets in which there need to be a response either from a user or the rule, first message in the chat campaign is counted as a reply, therefore, they are counted as billable tickets once the customer replies to the pop-up message.