Gorgias helpdesk notifications
When there's a new message on any live chat-type channel (chat, Instagram DMs, Messenger etc.), as well as when you're assigned a ticket, you can receive a browser notification. They are helpful to make sure that you respond to customers as soon as they start chatting with you.
Browser notifications show up on the top right of your screen, and look like this:
Type of notifications
We send web notifications for the following events:
- When a ticket is assigned to you
- When a new message from a "chat & messaging" comes
When auto-assignment is ON, you will receive new message notifications only for "chat & messaging" tickets already assigned to you.
How to enable browser notifications Chrome?
Open Gorgias in your browser
Click on the lock icon
In the dropdown, click on 'Site Settings'
This opens a new page. Click on the 'Notifications' permission, and click 'Allow'
How to enable browser notifications in Safari?
- Open Gorgias dashboard in Safari
- Right-click on the URL address bar
- Click 'Settings for this Website'
- Then, in the Auto-play settings drop-down list, select 'Allow All Auto-Play'
Enable notifications on MacOS?
If you are using MacOS, apart from the browser notifications, you will also need to enable notifications on your Mac as explained in this video:
How to disable notifications?
The easier way to disable notifications on Google Chrome is to simply right-click the tab title in your browser and then select 'Mute Site'.
If you do not want your site muted, please follow these instructions:
- Open Google Chrome
- At the top right, click More →Settings.
- Click Privacy and security → Site Settings → Notifications.
- To block notifications from a site, next to "Not allowed to send notifications," click Add.
- Enter the site's web address.
For Safari, you'll want to go to 'Settings for this Website' and, in the Auto-play dropdown, select 'Stop media with sound'. 👍
Please just keep in mind that notifications won't go away automatically unless you close them.